-
Thank you for your advice.

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
If you remove packages within Knoppix, it's on your own risk.
I understand.
Did you get any error messages from aptitude?
No error messages, but some warnings.
Did you test your burned ISO with cheatcode "knoppix testcd"?
Yes I did after my first failure. The output was...
HTML Code:
Checking ./KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
All files ok.
...followed by...
HTML Code:
INIT:Entering run level:5
root@microknoppix:/#
...but no GUI. The software I removed was LibreOffice, GIMP, Brasero and some other multimedia applications. Nothing that implied network or system use. I will re-trace my steps. Is there some way I can boot from my remastered ISO without having to burn a CD? I am wasting a lot of plastic.
Thanks again.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75