Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Remaster problem with script

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    As in the example
    Code:
    # Path to partition you will work on
    PFAD="/media/sda1"
    the variable $PFAD must be set to the mountpoint, not to the device!

    And why not mount '/dev/sdb6' to for example '/mnt/sdb6' or '/media/sdb6' instead of '/mnt'?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    As in the example
    Code:
    # Path to partition you will work on
    PFAD="/media/sda1"
    the variable $PFAD must be set to the mountpoint, not to the device!

    And why not mount '/dev/sdb6' to for example '/mnt/sdb6' or '/media/sdb6' instead of '/mnt'?
    Oops! I must have taken one stupidity pill too many. Sorry to take up your time, and thank you very much.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    I got as far as being able to chroot into the saved file. Then I added four small *.desktop files to /usr/share/application following instructions on an LXDE page. A total of 1000 bytes I thought I could sneek in without exceeding a CD's capacity. I made 4 links under the home Desktop directory. then executed the last two scripts to write the CD iso. When I tried to burn it my software complained it was too big. I checked the size of the remastered.iso file it was over 838MB. I only added 1KB. I plan to try again by removing some software I don't need, like iceweasel, but if I am already 138MB over allowable that's going to be a little difficult.

    Any suggestions other than using VirtualBox?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1671.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Apple iPad Pro 12.9

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good

$489.99



Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5

Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC

$119.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99