-
I retraced my steps, this time removing only three packages that should not affect any system files. They were LibreOffice, Gimp, and Brasero. Then I ran "apt-get autoremove" and checked for system files. This produced an ISO under 700MB. It booted to level 5 (as user root) again but did not start the GUI. I have a funny feeling this is an .Xauthority problem, as I have run up against that in other distributions. Since "startx" works from the command line, is there a simple way to run "startx" from a startup script somewhere?
Thanks.
P.S. I don't have enough RAM to use virtualization.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6 DDR4 PC4-2666V 4x32GB (128GB) ECC Server Memory
$599.99

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 ECC RDIMM M393A2K40BB2-CTD6Q
$650.00

4x8GB Samsung DDR4 2133MHz PC4-2133P 1Rx4 ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB Sansumg
$149.99

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99