-
Senior Member
registered user
Using either CLI and aptitude or Synaptic is ok with me.
I usually use Synaptic and assume it knows better than I how
to get all the dependencies squared away.
I usually defer to Werner since he knows a lot more than I do,
but we've got to be careful to keep b43 separate from STA.
I'm pretty sure STA gets you wl; and, b43 and wl just don't go
together.
I haven't finished my reading yet, but it's probably going to
end up doing a few command line things to get fwcutter and
and the Broadcom proprietary file together in some useful way.
It is too bad you don't have an external wifi like my $10 Netgear;
it lets me use fwcutter to bring in the Broadcom stuff via
Synaptic. That's how I get around this for Ubuntu-derived linuxes.
An alternative for you might be to just temporarily hook your
computer via ethernet to your router.
Back to my reading now.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$550.00

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98