Did you read the thread Disable auto login in Knoppix 6.2? Posts #13 and #14 should give you some hints.
Hello people,
I am creating a customized knoppix (hd install, kn-customiz script).
How do I enable user login to shell so it will ask for a password.
I am running my own script in window 1, but I want to login to shell in window 9.
My current innittab:
10:12345:respawn:su -c "exec bash - login" - okepc </dev/tty9 >/dev/tty9 2>&1
This will log in user "okepc", but I dont get a login prompt. I already set a user password..
Tnx in advance
Last edited by wjp79; 02-24-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Did you read the thread Disable auto login in Knoppix 6.2? Posts #13 and #14 should give you some hints.
Hello
Ok, that worked on my hd installation.
I added the following line in both the "inittab" and the "inittab.adriane" file: 9:2: respawn: /sbin/getty 38400 tty9
Now I get a password prompt.
But it does not work when i boot an remastered iso created by the kn-remaster script.
I edited the isolinux.cfg file and use the "adriane" boot option to boot the modified inittab.adriane file.
What am I missing here?
WJP79
Last edited by wjp79; 02-27-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Hello,
Never mind, found the solution.
I had to append to lvl 2 in isolinux.cfg
APPEND 2 ramdisk_size10000 lang=us keyboard=us adriane
Tnx
If you use the kn-remaster script and also use my new Bootmenu, be aware, only a short version of 'isolinux.cfg' will be used!But it does not work when i boot an remastered iso created by the kn-remaster script.
Instead of it 'knoppix.menu' will be used; here you can insert your cheatcodes.
If you don't like my Bootmenu, the short version of 'isolinux.cfg' will be overwritten with the origin version of it. Now you have to insert your cheatcodes in 'isolinux.cfg'.
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD (Knoppix V6.7.1 remaster)

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Micron 32GB (16GB x 2) PC4-25600 DDR4-3200MHz ECC RDIMM Memory (sku 0054)
$199.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$459.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00
SK Hynix HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF 32GB DDR4-2133 Server Memory Registered
$150.00
64MB (2 x 32MB) 72 Pin EDO Memory SIMM 5V Non Parity 60ns
$19.44
4x 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133MHz PC4-2133P 1Rx4 ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB
$120.00
2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35