-
Accessing a file on live CD post boot.
I am trying to make a easily customizable linux live cd. The user should be able to replace one file in the .ISO file's root folder. I need to be able to read the file after the cd has booted. It may not be embeded in the ramdisk.
Can i pass the file to the kernel via some parameter?
Do i need to mount the cd, what if it booted via usb?
How would i go about doing this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I think that you could create a shell script knoppix.sh in the KNOPPIX directory. This script would be executed after system configuration has finished. If your file has to be read at an earlier time you should modify the init script inside minirt.gz.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings, AndrewStone.
If I understand your question, there are a couple of ways to provide for file access after LiveUSB boot.
One is to partition the USB into one or more additional sectors before you create the LiveUSB,
Another is to not use all the LiveUSB partition for the LiveUSB and persistence, save a little.
this saved amount shows up in /mnt-system, if I recall correctly.
Cheers
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Nutanix Supermicro NXS2U2NL12G600 2x Node with Motherboards, Backplanes, & More
$450.00