-
Senior Member
registered user
The Knoppix 6.7.1 virtual keyboard challenge.
.
You may have noticed at Main Menu>Universal Access>xvkbd that Klaus
has provided Tom Sato's virtual keyboard, xvkbd.
I frankly haven't really found an everyday use for it myself.
I propose that it may represent a hidden challenge that we might all
engage in, somewhat akin to Liars' poker.
The challenge is, after calling up xvkbd from the Knoppix menu,
how many ways in a standard Knoppix 6.7.1 installation can you close
the virtual keyboard gui, not counting rebooting or restarting X?
I can think of two.
If you can't think of even one, then perhaps you'd be interested
in modifying, as root, line 252 of /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45knoppix
to read 'xvkbd.nonexitable: false' rather than 'xvkbd.nonexitable: true'.
That should give you two ways you didn't have before.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi, klaus2008.
Now I know three ways.
Last edited by utu; 02-23-2012 at 09:27 PM.
-
Kill it with fire
Having pored over the internets trying to prevent this from popping up on my kiosk-mode Knoppix setup, I finally caved and just
Code:
sudo mv /usr/bin/xvkbd /usr/bin/xvkbd.orig
and got on with life. Would love something more elegant, but I also like sleep and getting things done.
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ irongaze
That was a little more drastic than I had in mind, but thanks.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99