Hi, utu!
You could issueCode:killall xvkbd
.
You may have noticed at Main Menu>Universal Access>xvkbd that Klaus
has provided Tom Sato's virtual keyboard, xvkbd.
I frankly haven't really found an everyday use for it myself.
I propose that it may represent a hidden challenge that we might all
engage in, somewhat akin to Liars' poker.
The challenge is, after calling up xvkbd from the Knoppix menu,
how many ways in a standard Knoppix 6.7.1 installation can you close
the virtual keyboard gui, not counting rebooting or restarting X?
I can think of two.
If you can't think of even one, then perhaps you'd be interested
in modifying, as root, line 252 of /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45knoppix
to read 'xvkbd.nonexitable: false' rather than 'xvkbd.nonexitable: true'.
That should give you two ways you didn't have before.
Hi, utu!
You could issueCode:killall xvkbd
Hi, klaus2008.
Now I know three ways.
Last edited by utu; 02-23-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Having pored over the internets trying to prevent this from popping up on my kiosk-mode Knoppix setup, I finally caved and justand got on with life. Would love something more elegant, but I also like sleep and getting things done.Code:sudo mv /usr/bin/xvkbd /usr/bin/xvkbd.orig
@ irongaze
That was a little more drastic than I had in mind, but thanks.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08