Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: disable autologin

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27

    disable autologin

    Hello people,

    I am creating a customized knoppix (hd install, kn-customiz script).
    How do I enable user login to shell so it will ask for a password.

    I am running my own script in window 1, but I want to login to shell in window 9.
    My current innittab:

    10:12345:respawn:su -c "exec bash - login" - okepc </dev/tty9 >/dev/tty9 2>&1

    This will log in user "okepc", but I dont get a login prompt. I already set a user password..

    Tnx in advance
    Last edited by wjp79; 02-24-2012 at 11:31 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Did you read the thread Disable auto login in Knoppix 6.2? Posts #13 and #14 should give you some hints.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27

    inittab

    Hello

    Ok, that worked on my hd installation.
    I added the following line in both the "inittab" and the "inittab.adriane" file: 9:2: respawn: /sbin/getty 38400 tty9
    Now I get a password prompt.

    But it does not work when i boot an remastered iso created by the kn-remaster script.
    I edited the isolinux.cfg file and use the "adriane" boot option to boot the modified inittab.adriane file.

    What am I missing here?

    WJP79
    Last edited by wjp79; 02-27-2012 at 02:49 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27

    Fixed it

    Hello,

    Never mind, found the solution.

    I had to append to lvl 2 in isolinux.cfg

    APPEND 2 ramdisk_size10000 lang=us keyboard=us adriane

    Tnx

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    But it does not work when i boot an remastered iso created by the kn-remaster script.
    If you use the kn-remaster script and also use my new Bootmenu, be aware, only a short version of 'isolinux.cfg' will be used!

    Instead of it 'knoppix.menu' will be used; here you can insert your cheatcodes.

    If you don't like my Bootmenu, the short version of 'isolinux.cfg' will be overwritten with the origin version of it. Now you have to insert your cheatcodes in 'isolinux.cfg'.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD (Knoppix V6.7.1 remaster)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$374.48



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server

$325.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00