Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 4 of device 00:07.1

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3

    PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 4 of device 00:07.1

    Hello,

    I have been booting from VMWARE (iso of KNOPPIX) since that is the only way I can boot from my laptop.

    When Knoppix is being launched, I'm getting the following message :

    Error: only one processor found
    PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 4 of device 00:07.1

    what can I do resolve this ?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 4 of device 00:07.1

    --I get the same error under vmware emulation. It means that Knoppix detected some hardware on the host system but can't activate it because it doesn't "own" the hardware like it would if you were booting it natively. On my system, this happens to the Adaptec SCSI card.

    --Don't worry about it unless Knoppix fails to boot after that error, and try the cheat codes if it is failing.

    Quote Originally Posted by nono
    Hello,

    I have been booting from VMWARE (iso of KNOPPIX) since that is the only way I can boot from my laptop.

    When Knoppix is being launched, I'm getting the following message :

    Error: only one processor found
    PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 4 of device 00:07.1

    what can I do resolve this ?

    Thank you!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    You could try this cheat code:

    "knoppix nosmp"

    That may alleviate your problem.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3
    Thank you all for your help.

    Here are the results :

    by typing "koppinx nosmp" I get the "error only one pricessor found" to disappear which is good news,

    Yet, the meesge about " cannot allocate ressource ...blah balh" is still there.

    Would you think of any other cheat codes that would work? Itried many of them.

    Thanks!
    Joanna.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Have you tried the "failsafe" option? That will disable as much as possible and then you can try and reenable things one by one.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Ouch!- Dev 00:07:1 is your IDE interface. How about some hardware details?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3
    Hello,

    Thanks, I tried faisafe as well...in vain.

    IDE info :
    Name Intel(r) 82801CAM Ultra ATA Storage Controller-248A
    Manufacturer Intel
    Status OK
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_248A&SUBSYS_248A0E11&REV_01\3&61A AA01&0&F9
    I/O Port 0x00001820-0x0000182F
    Memory Address 0xFEBFF800-0xFEBFFBFF
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\intelide.sys (5.1.2600.0 (XPClient.010817-114, 4,50 KB (4 608 bytes), 17/08/2001 22:51)

    Name Primary IDE Channel
    Manufacturer (Standard IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers)
    Status OK
    PNP Device ID PCIIDE\IDECHANNEL\4&43B6552&0&0
    I/O Port 0x000001F0-0x000001F7
    I/O Port 0x000003F6-0x000003F6
    IRQ Channel IRQ 14
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys (5.1.2600.0 (XPClient.010817-114, 84,63 KB (86 656 bytes), 17/08/2001 22:51)

    Name Secondary IDE Channel
    Manufacturer (Standard IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers)
    Status OK
    PNP Device ID PCIIDE\IDECHANNEL\4&43B6552&0&1
    I/O Port 0x00000170-0x00000177
    I/O Port 0x00000376-0x00000376
    IRQ Channel IRQ 15
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys (5.1.2600.0 (XPClient.010817-114, 84,63 KB (86 656 bytes), 17/08/2001 22:51)



    CDROM DRIVES"


    Drive D:
    Description CD-ROM Drive
    Media Loaded No
    Media Type CD-ROM
    Name TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2502
    Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
    Status OK
    Transfer Rate Not Available
    SCSI Target ID 1
    PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMTOSHIBA_DVD-ROM_SD-C2502________________1011____\31343030303734303439 20202020202020202020
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (5.1.2600.0 (XPClient.010817-114, 46,38 KB (47 488 bytes), 18/08/2001 21:00)

    Drive G:
    Description CD-ROM Drive
    Media Loaded No
    Media Type CD-ROM
    Name MATSHITA UJDA330
    Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
    Status OK
    Transfer Rate Not Available
    SCSI Target ID 0
    PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMMATSHITA_UJDA330________________________1 .51____\5&2977E87F&0&0.0.0
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (5.1.2600.0 (XPClient.010817-114, 46,38 KB (47 488 bytes), 18/08/2001 21:00)

    Indeed, I have two cdrom slots. one is for my dvd player, the other for CDRW.

    The laptop os Presario US 2700.


    Let me know!
    Thank you,
    Joanna.

Similar Threads

  1. swapon: /dev/hda5: Device or resource busy (etc...) ???!!!!
    By pcolamar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 03:43 PM
  2. Resource error!! Please help!
    By shougan in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 04:50 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-22-2003, 05:20 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 09:07 PM
  5. PCI: Device 00:1f.1 no able because of resource
    By kopachev in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2003, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$94.95