-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 7.0 Same procedure as every year!
Same procedure as every year!
K. Knopper is presenting the new Knoppix 7.0 at CeBIT Hannover
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
An article about the new features is there (German, couldnīt find it in English):
http://www.linux-magazin.de/Heft-Abo...4/Knoppix-7.0/
A download-version will come (as every year) later.
-
Senior Member
registered user
For the german-challenged
.
For the german-challenged, like myself, you can get a better
idea using google translate. Just add it to your browser toolbar.
http://translate.google.com/translate_tools
Some things don't come through quite right. I think Klaus has
REPLACED lxrandr with arandr. I would, anyway.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Looks evolutionary rather than revolutionary to me, I think that's fine.
Shall be interesting to see how the advertised chroot into a pure 64-bits system may work in practice.
-
Senior Member
registered user
English version of Knoppix 7.0 details
-
Senior Member
registered user
ps. One particular note stands out:
.
Availability
KNOPPIX 7.0 / ADRIANE 1.4 is currently included exclusively in Linux Magazine. About 4 weeks after CeBIT, the public edition of CD and DVD will be available for download again from the usual KNOPPIX mirror sites.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
I wonder if someone with access to the 7.0 DVD could uncompress the minirt and post the 7.0 init script. That might save us some work later, to make the announced 7.0.1 maintenance release as good as possible.
-
I have sent it to your email-address.
Greetings Werner
-
Knoppix 7.0 minirt
Hello,
I also would like to get the Knoppix 7.0 minirt for the same reason.
The magazine will only show up in a month in the US...
Thx, Gilles
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
Hello,
I also would like to get the Knoppix 7.0 minirt for the same reason.
The magazine will only show up in a month in the US...
Thx, Gilles
I have put the file here for you to download:
http://www.icpug.org.uk/national/programs/minirt.gz
Let me know when you have it as I will remove it afterwards.
Note that the file size is the same as that for Knoppix 6.70 so it may not have changed since then.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99