Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Knoppix 7.0 Same procedure as every year!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Knoppix 7.0.0 DVD: "Knoppix testcd" fail sha1sum

    Hello,
    As reported by Edwin Evenson in the Debian-Knoppix mailing list:
    "KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX failed sha1sum on 2 copies of this dvd.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    TIA
    Ed"
    I confirm that the sha1 of my /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file is:
    a5d6cce5250c0a03ad6f501cd0d8b5eb09a48c5c */KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    instead of what is in the /KNOPPIX/sha1sums file:
    c873541e03834e9b9574089bf3461e8a8b0f4931 *KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    Best Regards,
    Gilles

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Hello,

    the first time I noticed a problem with the DVD was when I tried to use the feature of copying it to HD from the running Live system. It always failed towards the end of the process. And GRUB is not being updated. When I update GRUB from a different linux installation it finds KNOPPIX and puts an entry into the boot menu. I can start it from there.
    Then I ran knoppix testcd and it fails. I tried testdvd and it fails too. Then I thought I have a broken copy so I wrote to Linux Magazine and they sent me a new copy. But it has exactly the same problem.
    My machine has 4 GB of RAM of which I have set 1 GB for the video card. My CPU is AMD E350, which is an APU (CPU+GPU).
    I tried this on a laptop with 6 GB of RAM and it has the same problem.
    I am wondering whether I need more RAM in order to get a successful testcd/testdvd?

    Best regards,
    Stefan

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ruymbeke View Post
    Hello,
    As reported by Edwin Evenson in the Debian-Knoppix mailing list:
    "KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX failed sha1sum on 2 copies of this dvd.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    TIA
    Ed"
    I confirm that the sha1 of my /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file is:
    a5d6cce5250c0a03ad6f501cd0d8b5eb09a48c5c */KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    instead of what is in the /KNOPPIX/sha1sums file:
    c873541e03834e9b9574089bf3461e8a8b0f4931 *KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    Best Regards,
    Gilles
    My sha1 is the same as yours:
    a5d6cce5250c0a03ad6f501cd0d8b5eb09a48c5c */media/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    Best regards,
    Stefan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$155.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$1444.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB picture

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB

$180.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50