-
Hello,
the first time I noticed a problem with the DVD was when I tried to use the feature of copying it to HD from the running Live system. It always failed towards the end of the process. And GRUB is not being updated. When I update GRUB from a different linux installation it finds KNOPPIX and puts an entry into the boot menu. I can start it from there.
Then I ran knoppix testcd and it fails. I tried testdvd and it fails too. Then I thought I have a broken copy so I wrote to Linux Magazine and they sent me a new copy. But it has exactly the same problem.
My machine has 4 GB of RAM of which I have set 1 GB for the video card. My CPU is AMD E350, which is an APU (CPU+GPU).
I tried this on a laptop with 6 GB of RAM and it has the same problem.
I am wondering whether I need more RAM in order to get a successful testcd/testdvd?
Best regards,
Stefan
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00