-
Senior Member
registered user
I had already acknowledged in my post that we get Knoppix for free. I am not being ungrateful....after the last public release of version 6.7.1 in September, I would be happy if the next version took one full year to develop and was released in September 2012 WITHOUT ANY INTERMEDIATE RELEASES IN THE MAGAZINE. Nowhere I claimed that I paid a huge sum for the media or that there is a dedicated professional team behind developing Knoppix. I feel specifically at a disadvantage because they have also talked about it at CeBIT, which someone will do only when they are sure about the product. I don't understand why a public release takes so many issues to fix in that case.
Expectations / hopes of performance , as they say, can only be kept / raised from those who have actually worked rightly so in the past, and Knoppix has. I am not asking Red Hat to again start distributing officially supported Linux distributions free of charge for the (non-enterprise) end-user after about a decade since RHL 9 Shrike.I am asking the team behind KNOPPIX to let me know what is the reason they are taking time. I have not seen such a delay between a magazine release and a public release at any point of time in the last 3 years that I have been using Knoppix.
Instead of the word `enthusiasts' in the previous post,I should probably say people who unfortunately are not customers of the magazine, because given this delay, I feel only they(the customers of the magazine) are targeted to benefit in a timely manner.
Oh.....and by the way I am allergic to ice.Lol.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00