Hi, I am trying to fix a Windows 7 drive that won't boot. The installation and drive are healthy, however when turned on this message is displayed, "Interactive logon process initialization has failed. View Application Log for more details." There is no way around this. System Restore, Startup Repair, etc. do not work. Here is the only place I found where someone had success:
Basically I booted up with Knoppix & emailed the Application event log to myself.
Used another Vista machine to view the log & see the error.
Burnt a copy of the bad manifest to a CD & booted up my Vista DVD to the command prompt and overwrote the old file.
This sounds like a genius thing to do. However I need alot more detail lol. I booted with Knoppix but could not locate the event log and do not know how exactly to overwrite the bad .manifest file. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.![]()

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00