Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Java srcipting not enabled..

  1. #1
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    Java srcipting not enabled..

    Re.:
    Knoppix 6.7.1 Live on USB stick:

    When I try to browse the Internet with either Iceweasel or Firefox on a Public Network I get the Message:
    Java Scripting not enabled!

    Your browser has java scripting disabled at the moment.
    Please enable it for Web Authentication process to work properly.
    What do I have to do?

    PS.: I had to boot into Windows to get through to the Forum to place my question. I was not ask to enable Java Scripting there????

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings, Karibu.

    IIRC, a standard initial install of IceWeasel in Knoppix 6.7.1 includes an
    enabled java-script blocker, NoScript, or something like that.

    IceWeasel>Tools>Add-Ons>Extensions>Disable is one way to turn this off, thereby
    enabling java-script execution. There is likely a panel icon that would serve as well.

    Also, a browser with an enabled javascript-blocker will interact with the Knoppix.net
    forum editor in weird & wonderful ways. You might find it easier to compose off-line
    with gedit or leafpad to avoid this hassle. As an alternative, with AdBlock you can
    dis-engage the blocker on any given url if you so choose.
    Some of us prefer AdBlock-Plus to NoScript.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    Greetings, Karibu.
    IceWeasel>Tools>Add-Ons>Extensions>Disable is one way to turn this off, thereby
    enabling java-script execution.
    Hello utu and thanks for the quick response...
    It sounds to be a bit complicated, but anyway, I did what you recommended and will test next time I'm out.
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    There is likely a panel icon that would serve as well.
    .
    I couldn't find a panel icon...

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Perhaps you have changed the settings within Iceweasel at 'Edit/ Preferences/ Content'. Just the time I answer you from a "virgin" Knoppix 6.7.1

    Activated NoScript is standard with the new Knoppix V7.0, not with V6.7.1 and older.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Perhaps you have changed the settings within Iceweasel at 'Edit/ Preferences/ Content'. Just the time I answer you from a "virgin" Knoppix 6.7.1
    I would have attached a ScreenShot about how Iceweasel 'Preferences/ Content' looks like but I could not find the application. I have the box "Enable JavaScript" filled with a check mark. Is this OK?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Karibu View Post
    I would have attached a ScreenShot about how Iceweasel 'Preferences/ Content' looks like but I could not find the application....
    Re.: ScreenShot....I know it has nothing to do here, I only want to mention that I check marked the plugin in CCSM under Extras and I don't find the launcher.

  7. #7
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    You'll get a screenshot with the "Print"-key. If you want a screenshot-tool with more abilities, you can install "gnome-screenshot" and you get the menuentry "Acessories > Take screenshot".
    I have the box "Enable JavaScript" filled with a check mark.
    Yes, that is correct; per default there is also marked "Move.." and "Disable..".

    I for myself allways use Firefox (Iceweasel) + AdBlockPus + NoScript. With this combination I'm flexible what to bann and what to permit.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    @ Werner...
    Thank you for the great support..(See Attachment)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Nice that I could help you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve picture

NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve

$449.50



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery picture

Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery

$99.99



Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5” picture

Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”

$100.00



AU SELLER VINTAGE SOUND CARD RME DIGI 96/8 PRO

AU SELLER VINTAGE SOUND CARD RME DIGI 96/8 PRO "A" GRADE EXAMPLE -TESTED

$390.48



Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts picture

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts

$49.78



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99