Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: No Sound...

  1. #11
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    I would suggest that you create a configuration file .asoundrc in your home directory.
    Thank you, klaus2008. I know how to create the file but I do not know what to enter in my case because I can not identify the correct name of card one or card two. Is it Generic or Generic_1 or something different? I tried the same file you used but couldn't get any result! I cannot find a volume control in the LXPanel either, assuming that the LXPanel = taskbar on the bottom of the screen.
    Last edited by Karibu; 03-16-2012 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    The output of the 'cat' command gives you the number of the sound device that ALSA uses to identify the particular audio device. It is the number before the name inside the brackets. The default device should have the number 0 and the sound card number 1 should be the device you want to use. Thus I would create a configuration file /home/knoppix/.asoundrc with the two lines
    Code:
    defaults.ctl.card 1
    defaults.pcm.card 1
    If there is still no sound I would try the programm alsamixer to adjust the volume. Do not forget to the select the correct sound card before you change the sound volume or to restart the graphical desktop environment. In most cases the key combination Ctrl-Alt-Backspace should restart the desktop environment.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    Do not forget to the select the correct sound card before you change the sound volume or to restart the graphical desktop environment. In most cases the key combination Ctrl-Alt-Backspace should restart the desktop environment.
    Fantastic...it works...Ctrl+Alt+Backspace was missing...Thank you, klaus2008, for an excellent support! Issue [SOLVED]

  4. #14
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Hi, Now, as I have Sound, I hear this charming voice at start-up but I'm not quite sure what she is talking about. The only word I understand is "Sequence" at the very end. Out of curiosity I would like to know the whole text. Would somebody be so kind and tell me that, please?
    Last edited by Karibu; 03-19-2012 at 07:02 AM.

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    To me it sounds like:
    "Initiating start-up sequence."

  6. #16
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    To me it sounds like:
    "Initiating start-up sequence."
    Could be...
    Somebody told me it's K.Knopper's wife, Adriane, talking...Just out of curiosity, is that the case????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA picture

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA

$325.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99