-
Senior Member
registered user
IceWeasel freezes & What to do about it
.
I get OS freezes and lots of cpu activity using IceWeasel.
I seem to develop a cranky IceWeasel some time after making
a new Knoppix LiveUSB. It seems to be a progressive thing,
starting with a few OS freezes while surfing. I can watch
cpu activity and tell when things have cleared up. There
also seems to be some attendant gradual increase in the
ambient level of cpu activity which grows over time.
I have run across an add-on which seems to address this
problem and at least temporarily seems to reset things
to where the freezes are no longer in evidence. This is
based on the notion the a places data base, if it becomes
corrupt can cause such behavior. An add-on can be added
to IceWeasel to do this. See:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...nance/?src=api
I'm interested to hear any fellow sufferers of this problem.
Mine is a 2 cpu 64-bit 2.1 GHz laptop, running Knoppix 6.7.1,
and using IceWeasel 10.0 and SQLite.
-
Senior Member
registered user
ps
I am also changing IceWeasel's browser.sessionstore.interval from 15,000 to 150,000.
This based on sundry reports that this helps a situation such as I have described.
This change may make the add-on unnecessary.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread CPU 4.7GHz Socket AM4 Tested Working
$150.00

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99