I am also changing IceWeasel's browser.sessionstore.interval from 15,000 to 150,000.
This based on sundry reports that this helps a situation such as I have described.
This change may make the add-on unnecessary.
.
I get OS freezes and lots of cpu activity using IceWeasel.
I seem to develop a cranky IceWeasel some time after making
a new Knoppix LiveUSB. It seems to be a progressive thing,
starting with a few OS freezes while surfing. I can watch
cpu activity and tell when things have cleared up. There
also seems to be some attendant gradual increase in the
ambient level of cpu activity which grows over time.
I have run across an add-on which seems to address this
problem and at least temporarily seems to reset things
to where the freezes are no longer in evidence. This is
based on the notion the a places data base, if it becomes
corrupt can cause such behavior. An add-on can be added
to IceWeasel to do this. See:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...nance/?src=api
I'm interested to hear any fellow sufferers of this problem.
Mine is a 2 cpu 64-bit 2.1 GHz laptop, running Knoppix 6.7.1,
and using IceWeasel 10.0 and SQLite.
I am also changing IceWeasel's browser.sessionstore.interval from 15,000 to 150,000.
This based on sundry reports that this helps a situation such as I have described.
This change may make the add-on unnecessary.

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Samsung M393A2K43DB3 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz M393A2K43DB3
$89.99
Lot of 6 Micron MTA8ATF2G64HZ-3G2F1 16GB 1Rx8PC4-3200AA-SA2-13 Laptop Memory RAM
$300.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Lot 43 Mixed Brands Micron MT16KTF1G64HZ-1G6N1 8GB 2Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-F3 RAM
$649.99
VisionTek 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 SO-DIMM Laptop RAM 260-Pin DDR4-3200
$240.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
ADATA XPG Spectrix White RGB AX4U320038G16-BW41 32GB DDR4 matching set of 8GB
$149.99