I am also changing IceWeasel's browser.sessionstore.interval from 15,000 to 150,000.
This based on sundry reports that this helps a situation such as I have described.
This change may make the add-on unnecessary.
.
I get OS freezes and lots of cpu activity using IceWeasel.
I seem to develop a cranky IceWeasel some time after making
a new Knoppix LiveUSB. It seems to be a progressive thing,
starting with a few OS freezes while surfing. I can watch
cpu activity and tell when things have cleared up. There
also seems to be some attendant gradual increase in the
ambient level of cpu activity which grows over time.
I have run across an add-on which seems to address this
problem and at least temporarily seems to reset things
to where the freezes are no longer in evidence. This is
based on the notion the a places data base, if it becomes
corrupt can cause such behavior. An add-on can be added
to IceWeasel to do this. See:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...nance/?src=api
I'm interested to hear any fellow sufferers of this problem.
Mine is a 2 cpu 64-bit 2.1 GHz laptop, running Knoppix 6.7.1,
and using IceWeasel 10.0 and SQLite.
I am also changing IceWeasel's browser.sessionstore.interval from 15,000 to 150,000.
This based on sundry reports that this helps a situation such as I have described.
This change may make the add-on unnecessary.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00