-
Junior Member
registered user
Include Fake Flash detector F3 to knoppix?
I think it would be great to include a linux-based Fake Flash detector like F3 on the images.
I currently ran a windows based H2TESTW_1.4, but prefer using linux of course. F3 needs to be compiled locally.
http://oss.digirati.com.br/f3/
Makes me wonder how many frustrated Knoppix installs fail due to fake flash..
-
Senior Member
registered user
Can you ask the author to make a .deb package of it, if he hasn't already? Or help with that yourself?
That's the first step.
Next, IMHO, would be to have several people test it.
At least, it doesn't seem like many people troubled with fake flashes make it to this forum. I wasn't even aware there was a problem
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'll try and contact him and see what I can do.
Fake flash at first is hard to detect because the drive is programmed to misreport the actual capacity. Eventually, the drive gets corrupted. One sight with good info:
http://fightflashfraud.wordpress.com/
These utilities can detect this deception.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)
$150.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00