-
run script at boot (init 2)
Hello people,
I would like to run my own script at boot. (init2)
I did
Code:
update-rc.d kopieermap defaults 99
The script is located at /etc/rc.d. A symlink is created at /etc/rc2.d (S99kopieermap)
Still when I boot the remastered iso, the script is not executed. (kn-remaster script)
I use the isolinux.cfg file
Code:
Append 2 ramdisk_size100000 lang=us vt.default_utf8=0 apm=power-off video=640x480 initrd=minirt.gz nomce nosound libata.force=noncq nodrm hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 tz=Europe/amsterdam
Ideas are welcome!
Wierd Jan
Last edited by wjp79; 03-27-2012 at 10:01 AM.
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ wjp79
Can you use this in any way? (from knippix-cheatcodes.txt)
The file "knoppix.sh", if residing in the main KNOPPIX directory, will
be execuded after autoconfiguration and before starting the graphical
desktop. It can be used in order to start additional services.
-
knoppix.sh
Hello,
Yes I read about the file before. But I cant find the file anywhere.
Thats why I tried the "update-rc.d" solution, but that does not work either.
edit: Or does it mean I just create the file if it does not exist?
I did a hdd installation of knoppix 6.7.1 and I am using the kn-remaster script to build my remastered iso.
Wierd Jan
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
wjp79
edit: Or does it mean I just create the file if it does not exist?
I think this is the correct interpretation.
Also, make this file executable & have appropriate ownership.
And let us know how it works out.
Last edited by utu; 03-27-2012 at 02:50 PM.
-
Hello,
That worked 
I have put the script in /opt/knx/knoppix/KNOPPIX and renamed it knoppix.sh
Made the file executable (chmod a+x)
Now it runs fine at boot
Tnx
-
I see, your problem is solved.
Still when I boot the remastered iso, the script is not executed. (kn-remaster script)
I use the isolinux.cfg file
If you want to modify the 'APPEND' lines and you use the kn-remaster script and my bootmenu have a look at this posting.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 03-27-2012 at 04:35 PM.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
utu
Can you use this in any way? (from knippix-cheatcodes.txt)
Score one for 'knippix'.
;D
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Lot of 31 Cisco 10GB SFP+ FET-10G Transceivers 79x 10-2566-01, 63x 10-2566-02
$69.99

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90