Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: run script at boot (init 2)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27

    run script at boot (init 2)

    Hello people,

    I would like to run my own script at boot. (init2)
    I did
    Code:
     update-rc.d kopieermap defaults 99
    The script is located at /etc/rc.d. A symlink is created at /etc/rc2.d (S99kopieermap)

    Still when I boot the remastered iso, the script is not executed. (kn-remaster script)
    I use the isolinux.cfg file

    Code:
    Append 2 ramdisk_size100000 lang=us vt.default_utf8=0 apm=power-off video=640x480 initrd=minirt.gz nomce nosound libata.force=noncq nodrm hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 tz=Europe/amsterdam
    Ideas are welcome!

    Wierd Jan
    Last edited by wjp79; 03-27-2012 at 10:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @ wjp79

    Can you use this in any way? (from knippix-cheatcodes.txt)

    The file "knoppix.sh", if residing in the main KNOPPIX directory, will
    be execuded after autoconfiguration and before starting the graphical
    desktop. It can be used in order to start additional services.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27

    knoppix.sh

    Hello,

    Yes I read about the file before. But I cant find the file anywhere.
    Thats why I tried the "update-rc.d" solution, but that does not work either.

    edit: Or does it mean I just create the file if it does not exist?

    I did a hdd installation of knoppix 6.7.1 and I am using the kn-remaster script to build my remastered iso.

    Wierd Jan

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by wjp79 View Post
    edit: Or does it mean I just create the file if it does not exist?
    I think this is the correct interpretation.
    Also, make this file executable & have appropriate ownership.

    And let us know how it works out.
    Last edited by utu; 03-27-2012 at 02:50 PM.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27
    Hello,

    That worked

    I have put the script in /opt/knx/knoppix/KNOPPIX and renamed it knoppix.sh
    Made the file executable (chmod a+x)

    Now it runs fine at boot

    Tnx

  6. #6
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    I see, your problem is solved.

    Still when I boot the remastered iso, the script is not executed. (kn-remaster script)
    I use the isolinux.cfg file
    If you want to modify the 'APPEND' lines and you use the kn-remaster script and my bootmenu have a look at this posting.
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 03-27-2012 at 04:35 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    Can you use this in any way? (from knippix-cheatcodes.txt)
    Score one for 'knippix'.
    ;D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



LENOVO THINKSTATION P920 XEON GOLD 6128 3.4GHz 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro picture

LENOVO THINKSTATION P920 XEON GOLD 6128 3.4GHz 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$1550.00



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54