-
Knoppix 7.0 USB and HD install glitch
Trying to install KX7.0 from the Linux Magazine DVD ... the destination machine is an Advent QC430 that does not have a working DVD drive <knackered>. So I used a Samsung R780 64-bit machine to create a bootable 16GB USB, which works on the R780 (64-bit) ... however, trying to boot this USB on the 32-bit Advent sticks on the BIOS screen and never reaches the Knoppix boot display. Although the 16GB USB works on the KX6.7.1 currently installed on the Advent, I think the BIOS may be too old ... 2004 ... to boot a USB of this size ... the KX6.7.1 was a CD image loaded to a 2GB USB stick. I have found a DOS BIOS update dated 2007 ... is there any way to update the BIOS on the Advent from KX6.7.1 ... various other distro's have jump-through-hoops ideas on this, but I wondered whether Knoppix has something available before I try anything else.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00