-
knoppix installed to hard drive on toshiba 1800 s253 p3 850 coppermine
dual boot with windows 98 and knoppix I keep the win98 around so I can play XCOM
processor is p3 850 coppermine 384 mb of ram videocard is a trident cyberblade A1
The trident cyberblade videocard has problems with the DDC detect in the bootup so I have to use a static xorg.conf file otherwise the display goes black (the last version of Ubuntu to work with this video card was feisty fawn 7.04)
With a video card this ancient is there any point in trying to get the flash player working? I mean the frame rate might be so slow that watching a flash video might just be an exercise in patience. The laptop will play xvid fine but with a reduced color palette. Other than that the laptop and knoppix get along great. I even managed to get my hands on a PCMCIA USB 2 cardbus so I can transfer files to a stick at a decent rate (USB 1 is slow). One other problem is the laptop doesn't like knoppix DVDs it displays a message saying the media is corrupt. When I run the media in a faster machine there is nothing wrong with the DVD. Any ideas?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29