Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How can I conigure the Power-Manager

  1. #1
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    How can I conigure the Power-Manager

    Facts:
    Laptop HP Pavilion g6-1b67ca running
    knoppix 6.7.1 from USB flash drive.
    Boot with cheatcode "nomodeset" (for graphic card reasons.)
    "gnome-power-manager" installed version 2.32.0-2

    Hello,
    ...still working on my Laptop/Knoppix Project. Now I installed "gnome-power-manager"
    with Synaptic P.M. but I can't configure it.
    I expected to find the GUI either under
    --->Menu --->Preferences or under
    --->Menu --->System Tools/Accessories
    but I couldn't.
    How can I configure the power-manager for my machine?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Edit: More Info
    Under --->Menu --->System Tools I found Configuration Editor.
    Under the tab "apps" I found the "gnome-power-manager"
    Changing the check marks there has no impact. I can not adjust the brightness and/or
    hibernate/shutdown time if running idle. After closing the lid the cooling fan keeps
    running and drains the battery really fast.
    What is to do to shut-down if idle for more than x minutes?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Asus 1000H. Knoppix 7.
    I am looking into this as well. Closing the lid seems to have no effect. And yes conserving power is a high priority. However screen brightness can be varied using the allocated keys on this system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus picture

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus

$64.95



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested picture

Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested

$139.99



Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different picture

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different

$29.99



Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984 picture

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984

$179.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99