-
General Linux problem
I have a general problem with a HD install on my system. Every time I try to do a lilo install to HDA , it fails...and I cannot generate a boot floppy...it consistently fails on me. the HD install goes well...its just I CANT BOOT THE THING! All filews and folders show up...everything goes well....it just won't boot...
System layout is as follows:
HDA is a WD 40GB Drive with a solid NTFS 5 partition on it using all but 8MB at the end of the drive.
HDD is my Linux drive...its on the secondary slave slaved to the CDROM.
Knoppix HD is on this one. This drive is unique in that its mounted in a removable cage...that's it.. its an IDE hard drive, mounted in a removable rack for portability. Now..under Red HAt, this setup worked fine..buit I wanted a more advanced and less dumbed down version of Linux..so I heard about Knoppix...got it..and am trying it...the Live CD works great... the HD Install is not though. I am also using Knoppix 3.1, the second to latest release.
HELP!
-
See my reply in your other thread.
-SUO
Similar Threads
-
By M. Silva in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 11:49 AM
-
By Jerunk in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By massai in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-28-2003, 02:02 AM
-
By tearinghairout in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM
-
By VeeDubb in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99