-
Macbook External Display Problem
So I am considering the purchase of a banged up macbook as a fixer-upper. It has a broken monitor and there currently is not an operating system installed. I need to test it to make sure that it can boot up before handing over any money for it. My plan was to use the Knoppix live boot cd and a mini-dvi to rca adapter that connects to a small portable television. I have a macbook of my own so I am using that to test if my approach will work. Upon boot up Knoppix starts up just fine and the dvi adapter is auto-detected so it is getting a signal. But my little television displays three rows, each containing scrambled copies of the proper screen, without color, that slide almost like a vhs tape that is tracking incorrectly. Occasionally a "No Signal" message appears and then a second later it flashes back to the sliding rows. I am assuming that there is some setting I must change in the "Monitior Settings" to get the proper appearance. But I have no idea what that setting might be. Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Matt
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 memory kit, 2x16GB
$329.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00