@ luther
I think you can stop digging now. See my Post #10.
And, well done.
Knoppix forum,
I can only find these OLD Hotlinks to activate Wifi:
http://smtp.knoppix.net/wiki/Network...ppix_5.1.1_FAQ
http://smtp.knoppix.net/wiki/Network...ppix_5.3.1_FAQ
Is there anything NEW, or are the OLD DOCS still valid?
Reply requested, please . . .
@ luther
I think you can stop digging now. See my Post #10.
And, well done.
@ luther
I expect Klaus2008 may be able to show you how, but
building and installing b43 from scratch is probably a more difficult exercise than you want to undertake.
If or when Klaus K tackles this problem, I would expect to see the result around mid-year in an update on Knoppix 7.0.
I would not necessarily expect to see an amended 6.7.1.
An external wifi, compatible with your computer would be a possible interim solution.
I use that approach to get some of the other distributions going.
Last edited by utu; 04-19-2012 at 02:56 PM.
@ luther
At your convenience...
for your 6.4.3 LiveCD, I'd like to see:
ls /lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
and for b43 or any b43... directory, for example
ls /lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy
also less /boot/config*|grep -i b43
and less /boot/config*|grep -i wl
I would like to know if 6.4.3 somehow had both b43 AND wl
built into its kernel. I'm pretty sure this NOT the case
for 6.7.1 and 6.4.4. It will make it a lot easier if we
can build BOTH into the kernel and just activate only the
right one. I'm not sure that's possible, but perhaps 6.4.3
will tell us it is.
Dear utu:Code:root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# sudo ls /lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/net/wireless adm8211.ko atmel_cs.ko iwlwifi orinoco rtl818x airo.ko atmel_pci.ko iwmc3200wifi p54 wl12xx airo_cs.ko b43 libertas prism54 wl3501_cs.ko at76c50x-usb.ko b43legacy libertas_tf ray_cs.ko zd1201.ko ath hostap mac80211_hwsim.ko rndis_wlan.ko zd1211rw atmel.ko ipw2x00 mwl8k.ko rt2x00 root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix#
Is this OK, so I can step-and-repeat the others?
luther
Code:root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# sudo ls /lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy b43legacy.ko root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix#Code:root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# sudo less /boot/config* |grep -i b43 CONFIG_B43=m CONFIG_B43_PCI_AUTOSELECT=y CONFIG_B43_PCICORE_AUTOSELECT=y CONFIG_B43_PCMCIA=y CONFIG_B43_SDIO=y CONFIG_B43_PIO=y CONFIG_B43_PHY_LP=y CONFIG_B43_LEDS=y CONFIG_B43_HWRNG=y # CONFIG_B43_DEBUG is not set CONFIG_B43LEGACY=m CONFIG_B43LEGACY_PCI_AUTOSELECT=y CONFIG_B43LEGACY_PCICORE_AUTOSELECT=y CONFIG_B43LEGACY_LEDS=y CONFIG_B43LEGACY_HWRNG=y CONFIG_B43LEGACY_DEBUG=y CONFIG_B43LEGACY_DMA=y CONFIG_B43LEGACY_PIO=y CONFIG_B43LEGACY_DMA_AND_PIO_MODE=y # CONFIG_B43LEGACY_DMA_MODE is not set # CONFIG_B43LEGACY_PIO_MODE is not set CONFIG_SSB_B43_PCI_BRIDGE=y root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix#Code:root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# sudo less /boot/config* |grep -i wl CONFIG_IP_VS_WLC=m CONFIG_MTD_UBI_WL_THRESHOLD=4096 CONFIG_SCSI_LOWLEVEL=y CONFIG_SCSI_LOWLEVEL_PCMCIA=y CONFIG_WLAN=y CONFIG_PCMCIA_WL3501=m CONFIG_USB_NET_RNDIS_WLAN=m CONFIG_MWL8K=m CONFIG_IWLWIFI=m # CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUG is not set CONFIG_IWLAGN=m CONFIG_IWL4965=y CONFIG_IWL5000=y CONFIG_IWL3945=m CONFIG_WL12XX=m CONFIG_WL1251=m CONFIG_WL1251_SDIO=m CONFIG_WL1271=m CONFIG_WL1271_SDIO=m CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA49WLC=y CONFIG_UWB_WLP=m CONFIG_UWB_I1480U_WLP=m CONFIG_WLAGS49_H2=m CONFIG_WLAGS49_H25=m root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix#
Dear utu:
I need more details of your external wifi setup? I'm picturing something like the
digital camera connected via USB cable to the micro's I/O. Knoppix 6.7.1 DVD
would be the only reason to approach your suggestion. Therefore, finding an
external wifi that matches 6.7.1 package would be my concern. Any suggestions?
I/O on the hp dv8000 notebook is USB 2.0
luther
@ luther
Almost.
I specifically want to see sudo ls /lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/b43.
I'm pretty sure b43 is a directory with something in it.
And thanks.

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
Dell Optiplex 7040 MT, i7-6700 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, NO HDD/OS #95
$65.00