-
Macbook External Display Problem
So I am considering the purchase of a banged up macbook as a fixer-upper. It has a broken monitor and there currently is not an operating system installed. I need to test it to make sure that it can boot up before handing over any money for it. My plan was to use the Knoppix live boot cd and a mini-dvi to rca adapter that connects to a small portable television. I have a macbook of my own so I am using that to test if my approach will work. Upon boot up Knoppix starts up just fine and the dvi adapter is auto-detected so it is getting a signal. But my little television displays three rows, each containing scrambled copies of the proper screen, without color, that slide almost like a vhs tape that is tracking incorrectly. Occasionally a "No Signal" message appears and then a second later it flashes back to the sliding rows. I am assuming that there is some setting I must change in the "Monitior Settings" to get the proper appearance. But I have no idea what that setting might be. Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Matt
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00