1) A simple downloadable as per current set up would be nice;
2) The newbie part: I recently tried to run Knoppix on my HP Omni 600. All went well. Then I thought I would download and install (on the HDD in the /home/knoppix directory) the Scilab package. I tried installing both the rpm and the tar.gz with no luck. In each case the laptop seemed to simply "lock up". So :
a) was what I was trying to do make sense? I have been through what I think were the pertinent parts of the FAQ and it isn't quite clear to me what I can do with the HDD; and
b) assuming I'm not out to lunch with a), what might be causing the problem? Are there logs created somewhere during a crash?
Again, if I'm off topic here just point me to the proper resource. TIA.
m

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.14
Advantech/Samsung 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-2400 ECC UDIMM RAM AQD-D4U8GE24-SE DDR4 EUDIMM
$85.00
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00
Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
Samsung LC34G55TWDNXZA 34" Odyssey G55T WQHD 165Hz 1ms(MPRT) AMD FreeSync HDR
$217.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$55.00