Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Enabling / Using the external display function on a laptop

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2

    Enabling / Using the external display function on a laptop

    Hi,

    I'm trying to trouble shoot a laptop that has a cracked screen.

    I'd like to use the FN function to enable viewing on an external display.

    How do I do enable this feature for a particular notebook/laptop with Knoppix?

    And a related question, how do I enable this function when using Knoppix in Fail Safe mod?

    tia,
    - chase -

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110
    Greatings chase 1°)- I am not a specialist.So you must be critical for my proposition. 2°)- I have resolved an analog "problem" on my laptop "xp Athlon" but it may work for any other one. 3°)- I just connect the external monitor on my laptop BEFORE BOOTING. 4°)- Then I switch it "ON" (but this may be done at any step once the new monitor has BEEN RECOGNIZED by the system. 5°)- If switched "ON" I use my "Fn+F4" "F4" being symbolized by "a sreen and a laptop". This enable switching alternately between the two monitor. But this suppose 2 monitors connected. I think the method will work with your external monitor alone once connected before booting. 6°)- More (knoppix dvd 6.7.1) : using the monitor settings (1 icon is proposed) I may disable the laptop monitor (definitely if wish...for one session for exemple) I hope this will serve you.I shall read your response eventually...but I am not regularly connected on the forum.I shall try every time I have the possibilty to connect Greatings knp

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$155.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$1444.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99