-
Senior Member
registered user
Why the aversion to letting Windows reduce the size of the NTFS partition?
My rule of thumb is to use the Windows tool to create/edit NTFS partitions and use a Linux tool (GParted) to create/edit Linux partitions.
So in this case I would use the inbuilt Windows 7 tool to reduce the NTFS partition and create some free space. Then I would use GParted to create partitions for Linux in the free space.
Why do I suggest this? Well, Microsoft do not release all their knowledge of NTFS and I am not convinced GParted developers have been able to glean it all with the confidence I require.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$640.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold SE Firewall VPN Network Security Appliance Black/Yellow
$350.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00