-
Could not mount disk error with Optiplex 390
I just tried to boot Knoppix on a pair of new Dell Optiplex 390 systems. I get:
Could not mount disk to /mnt-system. Starting debugging Shell...
?: can't access tty; job control turned off
(The ? falls of the edge of my cheap old LCD).
I got this error with Knoppix 6.4.4, so I burned a new 6.7.1 disc and got the same error. I have tried the following cheat codes:
knoppix vga=0
knoppix acpi=off pnpbios=off noapic noapm
knoppix vga=0 debug -b 3
failsafe debug -b 3
The system has a Pentium G630, on-processor video (HD Graphics 200), Intel H61 Express chipset, 4GB RAM, SATA hard drive and DVD drive.
Thanks!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95