@ ant
Pendrive Universal USB Installer is a Windows program
that allows you to make LiveUSBs directly from isos.
It currently lists Knoppix V7 as one of its offerings.
You might give this a try. You'll need an 8 Gb usb to include persistence.
Caveats are:
0. If it's called 'V7' it must be a DVD-size offering (today, anyway).
1. This is not a Knopper product.
2. If this is the CeBIT Knoppix 7, it may have some errors and it's not the latest.
3. You may not have a way to verify like testcd or checksum; I don't know.
We'd be happy to hear how this works for you.
8 Gb Class 10 SDHCs are $7, sport.
Actually, I had already used qemu-kvm to create flash directly, I just forgot about it, see http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/293...or-root-device post #10. (It runs best in 64-bits system, and I haven't used that since remastering 6.7.0.
Then "Install Knoppix to flash disk" can be used in the virtual machine.Code:# lsusb Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0951:1624 Kingston Technology ..... #qemu -cdrom /store/download/iso/KNOPPIX_V6.7.0DVD-2011-08-01-EN.iso -hda /store/vm/qemu/knx670_disk.img -m 1024 -boot d -usb -usbdevice host:0951:1624 &
I think anything below 8GB (good brands cost from about $10) is rather impractical for Flash Knoppix 7.X. But masochism is of course an option![]()
I use a Sony adapter. So long as your USB is USB-2, It'll work fine.
For your first attempt,
buy a Class 10 SDHC but don't buy a premium class jobbie unless you are into
using a video camera. And don't pay more than 1$ per Gb.
After that, treat yourself to something more expensive if you think you still want it.
Cheers.

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00
Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95