@ ant
Pendrive Universal USB Installer is a Windows program
that allows you to make LiveUSBs directly from isos.
It currently lists Knoppix V7 as one of its offerings.
You might give this a try. You'll need an 8 Gb usb to include persistence.
Caveats are:
0. If it's called 'V7' it must be a DVD-size offering (today, anyway).
1. This is not a Knopper product.
2. If this is the CeBIT Knoppix 7, it may have some errors and it's not the latest.
3. You may not have a way to verify like testcd or checksum; I don't know.
We'd be happy to hear how this works for you.
8 Gb Class 10 SDHCs are $7, sport.
Actually, I had already used qemu-kvm to create flash directly, I just forgot about it, see http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/293...or-root-device post #10. (It runs best in 64-bits system, and I haven't used that since remastering 6.7.0.
Then "Install Knoppix to flash disk" can be used in the virtual machine.Code:# lsusb Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0951:1624 Kingston Technology ..... #qemu -cdrom /store/download/iso/KNOPPIX_V6.7.0DVD-2011-08-01-EN.iso -hda /store/vm/qemu/knx670_disk.img -m 1024 -boot d -usb -usbdevice host:0951:1624 &
I think anything below 8GB (good brands cost from about $10) is rather impractical for Flash Knoppix 7.X. But masochism is of course an option![]()
I use a Sony adapter. So long as your USB is USB-2, It'll work fine.
For your first attempt,
buy a Class 10 SDHC but don't buy a premium class jobbie unless you are into
using a video camera. And don't pay more than 1$ per Gb.
After that, treat yourself to something more expensive if you think you still want it.
Cheers.

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00