-
Senior Member
registered user
@ Blacksimon
Actually, I don't recommend trying to repair a Knoppix 7 that has been using Alacarte,
because I'm not sure what all to remove and what to keep. In my case, I was using 701
experimenting with Alacarte. I decided to upgrade to 702 and start over with a clean
Knoppix.
I was initially unaware of /home/knoppix/.local/share/applications/*.desktop files.
I prepared several copies of htop.desktop within /usr/share/applications itself
and was unaware until later that editing with the gui was creating surrogate
desktop files in ~/.local/share.
I never had to reboot to get some menu action. Perhaps a control-alt-backspace, but
I can't remember. Surely no arcane incantation.
In my situation, one of my edits was to remove 'System;' from the categories list, else
the app would show up in BOTH System and Gems menus.
I really like the ability to use the command line to tailor lxterminal panel titles,
add sudo, change the geometry and do all sorts of cute things.
Are you adding any 'hidden gems' we'd all like to know about?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99