Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: DOSbootdisk, can someone walk me through it.

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    24

    DOSbootdisk, can someone walk me through it.

    I checked out all of the posts here

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12040

    and here

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...sboot&start=15

    but I am still not clear on how to do this. I used the boot.img process to get a boot disk that allows me to run Knoppix from the HD but is this a different kind of boot disk?

    Can someone post clear, concise steps. I am not following the explanations.

    I am under the impression that this will speed up my boot process. Also is there a way to add the lines like "knoppix myconfig=scan" to the boot disk so I do not have to type it in each time.

    Thanks

    Also can this process be done from Windows?...editing...etc

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: DOSbootdisk, can someone walk me through it.

    --To add the scan on every boot, edit the syslinux.cfg file on the floppy and add it to the kernel parms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eradicator
    I checked out all of the posts here

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12040

    and here

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...sboot&start=15

    but I am still not clear on how to do this. I used the boot.img process to get a boot disk that allows me to run Knoppix from the HD but is this a different kind of boot disk?

    Can someone post clear, concise steps. I am not following the explanations.

    I am under the impression that this will speed up my boot process. Also is there a way to add the lines like "knoppix myconfig=scan" to the boot disk so I do not have to type it in each time.

    Thanks

    Also can this process be done from Windows?...editing...etc

Similar Threads

  1. ok...walk me through this...cdrom and cdrom1
    By Silver_Seagull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:23 AM
  2. Soundblaster 16 PCI, anyone wanna walk a newbie through?
    By smiley in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 (NP730QED-KA1US) **Broken Screen/For Parts** picture

Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 (NP730QED-KA1US) **Broken Screen/For Parts**

$225.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem

$98.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working

$30.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77