Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: DOSbootdisk, can someone walk me through it.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    24

    DOSbootdisk, can someone walk me through it.

    I checked out all of the posts here

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12040

    and here

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...sboot&start=15

    but I am still not clear on how to do this. I used the boot.img process to get a boot disk that allows me to run Knoppix from the HD but is this a different kind of boot disk?

    Can someone post clear, concise steps. I am not following the explanations.

    I am under the impression that this will speed up my boot process. Also is there a way to add the lines like "knoppix myconfig=scan" to the boot disk so I do not have to type it in each time.

    Thanks

    Also can this process be done from Windows?...editing...etc

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: DOSbootdisk, can someone walk me through it.

    --To add the scan on every boot, edit the syslinux.cfg file on the floppy and add it to the kernel parms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eradicator
    I checked out all of the posts here

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12040

    and here

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...sboot&start=15

    but I am still not clear on how to do this. I used the boot.img process to get a boot disk that allows me to run Knoppix from the HD but is this a different kind of boot disk?

    Can someone post clear, concise steps. I am not following the explanations.

    I am under the impression that this will speed up my boot process. Also is there a way to add the lines like "knoppix myconfig=scan" to the boot disk so I do not have to type it in each time.

    Thanks

    Also can this process be done from Windows?...editing...etc

Similar Threads

  1. ok...walk me through this...cdrom and cdrom1
    By Silver_Seagull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:23 AM
  2. Soundblaster 16 PCI, anyone wanna walk a newbie through?
    By smiley in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205 picture

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205

$317.56



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99