Why not try the new Knoppix (=> 4a) version?
Hey guys, I have some problems. At the moment I'm working with Knoppix 4.0.2 but I can't watch videos on youtube. I think I have to install the Flash Player, but I have no idea how to. I've got Knoppix 5.1 too, but at the moment I use the other version. If it's not possible on the older version, you can also teach me about the 5.1Thanks.
Why not try the new Knoppix (=> 4a) version?
You should read the system requirements for Adobe Flash player 11 on Linux systems: Adobe Flash Player 11 / Tech specs Firefox 4.0 or better won't run on Knoppix 5.1.1 since some libraries are too old.
some videos are not working with Knoppix 5 + an old Flash player so it's better to use a Knoppix 6 at least - download the Flash player on the Adobe.com (.tar.gz) and uncompress it - create a "plugins" directory in your ~/.mozilla - copy the libflashlayer.so you got in the archive into this plugins directory - then sudo cp -r usr/* /usr with Chromium/Knoppix 7, it's even easier![]()
The Flash Player downloaded from the Adobe site is the following file:
install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz
There is a readme.txt file inside the archive which states:
However, when the commandUnpack the tar.gz file. Once unpacked you will see the following:
+ libflashplayer.so
+ /usr
o Identify the location of the browser plugins directory, based on your Linux distribution and Firefox version
o Copy libflashplayer.so to the appropriate browser plugins directory. At the prompt type:
+ cp libflashlayer.so <BrowserPluginsLocation>
o Copy the Flash Player Local Settings configurations files to the /usr directory. At the prompt type:
+ sudo cp -r usr/* /usris executed at a root terminal it gives the following output:cp libflashlayer.so <BrowserPluginsLocation>
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
I also manually copied, as a superuser, the file to the folderSo where am I going wrong?/home/knoppix/.mozilla/extensions/a folder under this
Yes, it indeed is! One should follow the directions in the readme.txt file inside the archive install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz downloaded from the Adobe site, after following the instructions contained in the above post to create a 'plugins' directory, and manually copy the libflashplayer.so inside the plugins directory, restart the Iceweasel, and the effects will take place. Thanks!

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$149.00
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99