-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
rajibando
Well, the flashtester page is working now, must have been a temporary problem with the site. However, it isn't of much use. It seems to be a few links to Adobe, then a history lesson about various versions of Adobe Flash. Still following the links there but so far nothing is helping.
As to the "very important" Adobe link, when I clicked on that link from Firefox in Windows it worked fine and identified my Flash version for me. However, I really don't care about Windows. When I tried the same link fron the above in Chromium under Knoppix, the results were, to put it politely, complete crap. I was warned that this type of file can harm my computer. When I told it to keep the file anyway, I got a little download notice at the bottom of the screen. When I selected OPEN there, Knoppix tried to open the file with VLC media player and informed me that VLC can't deal with the file's "input format". Clearly I'm just running a stock Knoppix DVD release with the "install components" option for Flash exercised, so I don't believe that I'm doing anything wrong. Other links on the flashtest site to Adobe are faring no better. Most seem to want to coax me into installing Flash yet again or want me to pick if I'm running under Apple IOS or Windows and don't even give a Linux option.
If javascripts on sites like Hulu have indeed changed, there doesn't seem to be much that I can do about that. Seems strange that several would have all changed at nearly the same time, but I can't prove that didn't happen. But that doesn't get me access to the sites.
I'm not even going to try to jump through all of the hoops to do the more complex manual install if I can't save it, and without a hard drive or a booting thumb drive Knoppix install I seem to be dead there. Still would love to find someone who can offer me any live DVD (doesn't have to be Knoppix) that can boot and run a browser with Flash without doing extra installs.
Last edited by Harry Kuhman; 07-31-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Reason: typo
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh System 7 OS Software 8 Floppy Disks Manuals Original
$99.99

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo 3.5" Disk Holder Micro/5 Compak 4 Disks
$22.00

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99