-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
rajibando
Answer me one question: if you don't have a HDD where do you have your persistent knoppix-data.img file?
I don't. I have been running Knoppix from a stock DVD. Browsing the web with great comfort that I can't do much harm no matter where I go. In fact, it is the one system that I trust to follow suspicious links when trying to determine if a post is legitimate or malware. This has worked well for me, I use it for browsing that I don't want to trust on my main Windows system. If I visit a site that seems to be trying to start trouble I just reboot and start again. Plus I use the HDMI out to watch Hulu, Crackle, Youtube and other video sources on my large screen TV. But starting some time this month I can no longer access many flash based sites that used to work fine this way with the same Knoppix 7.0 DVD, including Hulu and Crackle. I just found that I can play some videos on Youtube, but I'm suspecting that they are using HTML5 or some other video technology rather than Flash, as everything else seems to have broken at the same time.
I've actually never had a persistent image working with Knoppix. As far as Linux is concerned I've used Debian systems for things where I wanted persistence. But none of the systems that I have that I can run Debian on have HDMI out, so I would still like to find a live DVD with Chromium (or some other browser but with Adobe flash already installed) so that I can just boot the system and browse when I want without having to muck with ugly Linux Flash installs each time.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99