-

Originally Posted by
rajibando
To all members who stumble to this thread:
Please don't let the above discussion confuse you. Follow the steps below and you should be successfully playing Flash contents within Mozilla:
I too had an old Flash Plugin in my Knoppix system which was incapable of playing flash videos, particularly, from YouTube.
I upgraded my Flash plugin by
- Manually creating a plugins folder as:
Code:
/home/knoppix/.mozilla/plugins
- Then I downloaded the compressed Flash plugin tar.gz package from Adobe website, Version 11.2.202.394 , uncompressed it, extracted the libflashplayer.so plugin and placed it in the plugins folder, and the other contents into folders for which they are intended.
- Then I tested with the flash version testing site . The site shows the current version no. 11,2,202,394 using commas, rather than full-stops.
- Now the sites which use adobe flash content are shown by my flash player within my browser, particularly, YouTube.
- Some sites might not be. You should check your Scripts- and Ads- blockers and reconfigure them.
Hopefully, the problems would be solved.
I like to install the flashplayer "manually" and have noticed that the 64 bit version doesn't seem to show up in about
lugins under iceweasel. The 32 bit version however seems to run fine. You can just copy it into the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory.
/usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins doesn't seem to work and neither does /usr/lib/firefox/plugins.
At the moment I'm running knoppix v7.4.1.
I've done this manual install so many times that it's almost hardwired now:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ cd Downloads/
knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads$ tar xzf install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz
knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads$ sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads$ sudo cp -r usr/* /usr
knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads$ uname -r
3.16.2-64
and closing/relaunching iceweasel and going to about
lugins shows:
Shockwave Flash
File: libflashplayer.so
Path: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
Version: 11.2.202.406
State: Enabled
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Lot of 2 SK Hynix 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA UDIMM RAM DDR4 3200MHz HMAA2GU6CJR8N-XN
$149.99
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Kingston FURY Beast 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-28800 (DDR4-3600) UDIMM Memory - Black
$900.00

Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 8GBx2 DDR4 2400MHz RAM HX424C15FB3/8
$79.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz 288-Pin DIMM CMK16GX4M2A2666C16
$54.99

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

Kingston 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 260-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC lot of 10
$1500.00