Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Flash Player Install?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275
    Answer me one question: if you don't have a HDD where do you have your persistent knoppix-data.img file?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by rajibando View Post
    Answer me one question: if you don't have a HDD where do you have your persistent knoppix-data.img file?
    I don't. I have been running Knoppix from a stock DVD. Browsing the web with great comfort that I can't do much harm no matter where I go. In fact, it is the one system that I trust to follow suspicious links when trying to determine if a post is legitimate or malware. This has worked well for me, I use it for browsing that I don't want to trust on my main Windows system. If I visit a site that seems to be trying to start trouble I just reboot and start again. Plus I use the HDMI out to watch Hulu, Crackle, Youtube and other video sources on my large screen TV. But starting some time this month I can no longer access many flash based sites that used to work fine this way with the same Knoppix 7.0 DVD, including Hulu and Crackle. I just found that I can play some videos on Youtube, but I'm suspecting that they are using HTML5 or some other video technology rather than Flash, as everything else seems to have broken at the same time.

    I've actually never had a persistent image working with Knoppix. As far as Linux is concerned I've used Debian systems for things where I wanted persistence. But none of the systems that I have that I can run Debian on have HDMI out, so I would still like to find a live DVD with Chromium (or some other browser but with Adobe flash already installed) so that I can just boot the system and browse when I want without having to muck with ugly Linux Flash installs each time.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275
    ...I've been doing some additional playing on that system tonight, and my problems with Iceweasel have not been Flash, they were javascript problems with sites like Hulu...
    Then, a Thank You is in order, perhaps? Eh?
    Simply stop the scripts- and ads- blockers and check.
    Have a good time

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by rajibando View Post
    Then, a Thank You is in order, perhaps? Eh?
    Simply stop the scripts- and ads- blockers and check.
    Have a good time
    No, I think you completely miss the point. Iceweasel has javascript disabled by default. Chromium works with javascript without having to reconfigure every time you boot. So I've been using Chromium. Nothing about that changes that the Knoppix 7.0 and Chromium combo that worked through June of 2014 is no longer letting me watch Flash and is now complaining either that I don't have Flash installed or is complaining that the Flash is too old.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275
    Hello, Mr. Schulz, I never had the opportunity to say hello again, when we met here after a long time! Thank you for the information. I would have a look at it shortly.
    Last edited by rajibando; 08-01-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$106.67



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00