Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Simple remastering procdure for 7.0.2

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    I'm not familiar with it - this approach takes an ordinary running instance of Knoppix, from whatever medium, and creates new cloop/squashfs and persistent images from it in a relatively robust way. It can be run as often as needed - this is actually written from my second in row remastering, having included VMware workstation in the cloop. So I have still around 3GB free on the persistent store now. The cloop image is close to the 4GB limit, and as I want to use FAT32 if I like, I may have to use squashfs - or purge some more. (Actually, the cloop I run from now resides on PC main NTFS partition - never use Windows myself, but keep it because some others may do.)
    Having way too many of them behind me, I'm not fond of ordinary HD installs - just got my prejudices confirmed today with Debian 6.0.5. Compared it to the beatuful simplicity of pure 64-bits version of Knoppix 6.4.4 - I am trying to find a better way to proceed - but ordinary 64-bits Debian seems to have made little progress the last year.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings, Capricorny

    Slight side issue for you:
    If you use 'knoppix64' as a cheat code with an unmodified 7.0.2,
    what do you get for 'uname -s'?

    I can't seem to turn on a 64-bit kernel.

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.58