No one?![]()
I really like the way the console colors are setup on the cd. (CTRL-ALT-F1 after booting from the CD).
Is there any way I can convince my console to be this pretty?
Thanks.
No one?![]()
--To be honest I'd like to know how to change the color settings in RXVT; the default green-on-white it headache-inducing.
--You can always ask Klaus how he did it; should be a file somewhere in /etc.
Originally Posted by slak
It is inside the linuxrc script, which is inside miniroot, which is inside miniroot.gz, which is inside the boot disk image.Originally Posted by slak
How would one go about migrating this to his/her setup?
[/me] rubs hands with glee... Well, now that I know exactly where it is, I can tell you how to get at it...
From the CD:
' mkdir /mnt/tmp '
' cd /cdrom/KNOPPIX '
' mount boot.img /mnt/tmp -oloop,ro '
' cd /mnt/tmp '
' cp miniroot.gz /ramdisk '
' cd /ramdisk '
' gunzip miniroot.gz '
' mkdir /mnt/tmp2 '
' mount miniroot /mnt/tmp2 -oloop '
--You can now get to the linuxrc file by ' cd /mnt/tmp2 ' and editing the file. What you do from there is up to you. I suppose you could ' echo $BLUE ' after exporting the BLUE var. Beyond that, I can't help ya much.
Originally Posted by slak

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)
$2085.00
Crucial Micron 8GB (1x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT8G4SFRA32A
$29.99
Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99