Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: How can I install Skype in Knoppix?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    Hey, thanks for your reply!!

    I have version 6.7. I didn't know version 7 was out, I have a spare flash drive I think so Ill give it a go. I assume that means there is no hope for version 6.7!? Is there a quick way to transfer setting and any saved data from one pendrive to another?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    As an update to anyone who might read this. I got knoppix7 CD up and running and its much slicker. I got both Skype and Spotify working right out the box by adding the repos to the sources list and both apt-get installed without any issue.

    I haven't read much about the changes between knoppix 6 and 7 but knoppix 7 appears a lot more Debian friendly when it comes to installing any .deb file. Where as before, although being Debian based knoppix seemed to have its own slightly different way of doing things and peculiarities that meant you could not just install programs as you would with any other Debian based system.

    All in all very happy and impressed.

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    However, when you right-click it and "mark for installation", you are told it is NOT AUTHENTICATED:

    What to do?
    Trust or not trust, that's the question
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 12-30-2012 at 10:30 AM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2
    Install GDebi (if you use CD version) via Synaptic and right click the .deb file of Skype. Choose GDebi Package installer and install. Worked for me .

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Well, gdebi sometimes can solve dependencies while installing .deb-packages; but have you seen the age of the thread?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2
    Well better later than never. And sometimes people get lazy and search for quick solutions so I decided to put one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Computer Manuals and Disks - Windows 3.1, Epson, Quicken, and more picture

Vintage Computer Manuals and Disks - Windows 3.1, Epson, Quicken, and more

$101.99



7248  Micro  Star  Vintage Computerboard Kit For Rebuild Including Accessories picture

7248 Micro Star Vintage Computerboard Kit For Rebuild Including Accessories

$60.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh M0100 Mouse 128K 512K Original Untested USA picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh M0100 Mouse 128K 512K Original Untested USA

$49.99



Vintage Apple III  / External 5 1/4

Vintage Apple III / External 5 1/4" Floppy Disk Drive A3M0004 - Untested

$120.00



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72