-
what on earth does this mean!?
Hi
I just started using Knoppix and am loving it, its super slick and makes the most out of my nomraly super restricted work laptop :P
I am trying to get Skype working to, I update sources.list with the correct repo, however on installation Synaptic fails as it refuses to install a couple of dependent lib files:
skype:
Depends: libqt4-dbus but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqt4-network but it is not going to be installed
Ok I thought, I can add them mysefl through SynapticPM, BUT on selection SPM marks a lot of VERY critical packages for removal including compiz, gparted, iceweasel, vlc and more!
Seems to me doing this will kill my pendrive! Can someone explain to me please what is going on here? and why? Is there a way to resolve this issue to get Skype working?
Many thanks!
P.S. please be gentle... this is my first post!!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99