-
I finaly had success with this yesterday. Knoppix 7 seems far far slicker and any deb package seems to install. I don't understand how to use the dpkg command properly, I just added the following for Spotify and Skype respectively to my sources.list:
Code:
deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free
deb http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ stable non-free
then simply: sudo apt-get update
then: sudo apt-get install skype
it just worked!
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 12-29-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Reason: formatted by moderator
-
installing skype

Originally Posted by
pastabake
I finaly had success with this yesterday. Knoppix 7 seems far far slicker and any deb package seems to install. I don't understand how to use the dpkg command properly, I just added the following for Spotify and Skype respectively to my sources.list:
Code:
deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free
deb http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ stable non-free
then simply:
sudo apt-get update
then:
sudo apt-get install skype
it just worked!
The code-free solution is to go into synaptic program manager and choose settings->repositories->new and add the information shown in the bottom of the list in the following window
then you go back to synaptic program manager and RELOAD.
then you search for skype and it should be there:
However, when you right-click it and "mark for installation", you are told it is NOT AUTHENTICATED:
What to do?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT
$225.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99