Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: KnoppixSlim

  1. #11
    Member Blacksimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    93
    itman007:
    I'm sure that "your everyday needed apps" not the same of mine...anyway...
    How does your Knoppixslim differs from the CD/DVD configuration? You don't tell us nothing what we want to know !
    Why I have to try something I do not know? Really, why should I ?
    Download about 1GB of "do not know what" is not for me (even for the others, I saw) a concept to consider

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    I see your concerns I really never looked at it that way. For me the best thing about it is the removal of non everyday or normal user programs. I have added Google Chrome with all the plugins and add on so that you can browse the internet without issues with video and audio and such. Ive upgraded LibreOffice to the latest version. Added the default print value from LOffice to 8x11 for us US users rather than A4. Ive added an VM Ware view client for mobile users so those whom need can use. Updated Konq to latest version. I feel its just a more ready to use Knoppix for internet users than Knoppix as is.
    itman Tim

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    Would a list from kn-what be helpful? I will also upload the latest remaster "SlimStation" tomorrow. As I have made changes today.

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by itman007 View Post
    Would a list from kn-what be helpful?
    Greetings, itman007.

    I find kn-what useful, but that would only be a start here, IMO.

    The following might give you some perspective on advertising your distro.
    You have a lot of competition, more than just Knoppix.

    http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=submit

    Respectfully.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    Competition isnt my concern here. We are an K12 educational institution. We use this remasterd Knoppix to run our labs. The students come up with ideas to add to the iso in which works well for their environment. They just wanted to make it available for public use so that maybe in return they can make custom iso's for someone elses need/request in hopes of getting donations to the technology class/room here in return but mostly as bragging rights to say we made that.

  6. #16
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Have a look at Knoppix Customizations
    => Rules:
    2. New entry: please use the following format:

    • a. Name, Knoppix version, main function / focus, country.
    • b. Features.
    • c. Content: Kernel version, Desktop environments, list of main applications.
    • d. URL for Homepage, Download, Forum, Tutorial, Howto, Readme.
    • e. Latest version, size of ISO, type of media (USB, Mini CD, LiveDVD), platform/CPU.
    • f. Supported languages.
    • g. Status: active, dormant, alpha, beta.
    • h. Name of the author, credits.

    Please send me a description for KnoppixSlim using the rules above and I'll insert it within the Wiki.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    I have made some progress on this. This is focused on US English users with needed applications for web browsing, file browsing and document handling. The package manger looks for US repos. You may email me if you want to look at the site. I will not post the url here. [email protected] or private message me here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368 picture

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368

$22.99



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY picture

Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY

$32.99



NEW OEM V6W33 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3330 3320 Vostro 3515 picture

NEW OEM V6W33 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3330 3320 Vostro 3515

$22.00



OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade picture

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade

$39.99



OEM Genuine 86Wh 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86Wh 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$35.99



OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR picture

OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR

$37.40



Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New picture

Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New

$33.50